How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My daughter has been married for two years to an alcoholic,

Customer Question

My daughter has been married for two years to an alcoholic, who hasn't brought anything into the marriage at all. She wants him to leave. Can he make a claim against her assets? More worrying for me, can he make a claim against the quarter of my house that my daughter owns?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long have they actually lived together and are there any children involved?
What assets and debts are there and what income do they each have?