How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

i am getting divorced,have got the first part of the divorce,what

This answer was rated:

i am getting divorced,have got the first part of the divorce,what will happen to the properties we have in joint names if the final divorce papers come through and we have'nt finalised the finances, my husband is doing it all,do i have rights
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What assets and debts are there (including pensions) and what income do you each have?
are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi clare i just need 2 know how I stand after divorce we are doing 50 50 but I just needed 2 clarify that he couldnt do me over, do i need 2 get finance form and where do i get it from and the name of it,thank you, sue

I do need the information so that I can give you the best possible assistance - and the correct information.
What type of finance form do you need?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi just the one you need for taking 2 court

When is/was the Decree Nisi?
What is the outstanding dispute on finances?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

9.5.2014 all i really was 2 know that i am still entitled 2 half until i sign that form about not claiming anything more from him thanks

Since all the properties are in joint names you retain your share of them no matter what happens.
The only thing that MIGHT be lost if Decree Absolute is granted is your right to a Pension Sharing Order - and even that may still be available.
If you have already tried Family mediation and it is clear that no agreement can be reached then you can apply to the court form the finances to be dealt with using a Form A available here
and paying the fee of £245.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you