How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

im currently working in germany and pay csa to my ex wife in

Customer Question

im currently working in germany and pay csa to my ex wife in the uk. i love the country and decided to live here and become a german citizen, i will also be unemployed. do i still pay csa?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
If you are no longer resident in the Uk or working for a Uk company then you will not pay CSA
However you will remain liable for child maintenance and your ex will be able to apply to either the courts in the UK OR the courts in Germany for maintenance
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details