How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I divorced in 1982 and my then husband promised at the recorders

Customer Question

I divorced in 1982 and my then husband promised at the recorders meeting that my interest in the marital home and his business would go to my two children, my solicitor did not put that in writing only that should the marital home be sold I would receive K20.

However my other half remarried and died three years ago, I do not know if she has put the home into her name or not and I do know that my ex husbands will excluded any in heritance for my son.

What is you advice?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Where did the divorce take place?