How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am going for a divorce and in a middle of my Financial settlement,

Customer Question

I am going for a divorce and in a middle of my
Financial settlement, my solicitor has told me that my husband has nothing to
Give you and my husband has said that I can keep the house.
I know my husband owned a grocery store but now he
Is declaring he dosent have that, which he says he ran
Down the business and the landlord has evicted him. But I know that the
Fact is his lying and that he deliberaly have done this , also we have
Two children and his not paying maintance as his showing he has no income. Please could you advice me in getting him to some maintance for the children, he also remortgaged the house to buy the business. So I don't have much equity on the house .
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
How far have the Financial negotiations reached?