How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

myself and my wife separated in November 2013 and I moved out

Customer Question

myself and my wife separated in November 2013 and I moved out of the family home in January. I have since maintained payments of my half of the mortgage and full amount of the water rates gas and electric bills. I also pay for half of the childrens activites each month approx. £150 as well as paying half of the payments of my wifes vehicle. From the time of me leaving the family property which I have agreed to to give up any claim on when the time to divorce comes we have had the following agreement in place regarding the parenting of our children who are 5 & 8 years old
Monday with my wife overnight
Tuesday I pick them up from school at 3.15 and have them at my property until giving them their dinner and then returning them to their mothers
Wednesday with their mother
Thursday picking them up from school 3.15 having them overnight and dropping them to school the following day
Friday picking them up and returning them after activities on Saturday morning
Sunday my wife drops them off to me at around 11.30 and I have them until approx 6.30 that evening and on alternate weeks overnight on the sunday dropping them to school on a Monday.
Whilst with me they are always well fed and clothed and in attendance of their out of school activites.
I do use my mother to babysit on some of the evenings I have them at my property after i have settled them for the night as I work nights but am always there in the morning. Now amicable communication between myself and my wife have broken down and she has immediately denied me access until a solicitors agreement is in place I am aware that this may take some time and want to know what my rights are
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and what has this breakdown occurred