How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Morning my daughter will be 18 in July. She has completed her

This answer was rated:

Morning my daughter will be 18 in July. She has completed her NVQ in professional cookery and now wants to sign up for a further ( different) course next September. My consent order agreed in 2004 states that payments shall end on the child reaching 18 or if later ceasing full time tertiary education to the end of the first degree course. Will my payments stop in July ? Or will I have continue paying.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What qualification will the new course give her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi my daughter will be attending college to do an nvq level 3 in patisserie she has just completed an nvq level 2 in catering at the same college. She will be 19 when she starts her next course. Neither of these courses will lead to a degree of any kind.

I am afraid that since she is still in Secondary education you are still liable to pay maintenance - and indeed you would still be paying if you were paying via the CSA instead of a Court Order
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If this is the case is it possible to pay the maintainance directly to my daughter when she becomes 18. I have already "sponsored" two husbands of my ex and don't particularly want to do the same for the third!!

I am sorry but unless your ex agrees that is not possible - although you can of course ask your daughter to suggest it to her mother!
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you