How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have one child who is almost 12. He resides with his mother

Customer Question

I have one child who is almost 12. He resides with his mother mon to fri and is with me every fri evening to Sunday evening.
I had up until February 14 been paying a sum of £500 PCM to her and have over the months become increasingly aware of this maintenance money being taken but not used on my son as he comes to me in hand me downs and scraggy clothing. I have in the past regularly replaced items as well as the amount each month no questions asked.
In an effort to reduce my outgoings as I now have another relationship, where I'm due to marry and move to the coast, I checked with the CSA calculator on my basic salary as that is the figure it asked for as overtime is not guaranteed and it said I should be paying £265 PCM
My ex wife took exception to this, and has gone back to the csa who now think I should be paying £164 a week or £715 PCM.

I really can't afford it and it will make me homeless if it goes ahead.
They want £729 1/6
For the next 5 they want £952.40
For the next they want £887.00
And for the following 5 £729.

This will cripple me

This is for 1 12 year old child.

Can I get an injunction to stop them taking money from my bank or from an attachment to salary order, as they are refusing to look at the case again

I sent them a 4 page letter stating what I have given over the last 6 years which almost totals £250,000

Surely I can do something?

Please help
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much did you actually earn Gross last year?