How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Im separating from my partner and we have a daughter of 7

This answer was rated:

I'm separating from my partner and we have a daughter of 7 months. I have always done all the care for her he has only fed her once and never changes a nappy. He is trying to take her away from me. He is on the birth certificate. As a mother do I have to give him access and if so how much can he get?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What contact has he asked for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He wants her 3 days a week. I know it doesn't sound much but he has nothing to do with her and is only doing it to get back at me I would be really worried for her safety in his care.

Given her age that is not a reasonable request - and given that he has no experience of caring for her makes it even more absurd.
However the law does say that a child is entitled to contact with both parents - so you do need to agree some contact arrangements.
Given her age short periods of regular contact would be best - a couple of hours twice a week.
however if he has no where suitable to take her then you may wish to consider using a Contact centre for two or three hours once a week (
You can also read more here
You should offer to discuss this with him using Family mediation -
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you