How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35087
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my daughter has just separated from her husband they have 2

This answer was rated:

my daughter has just separated from her husband they have 2 children 4 and 7 and he has agreed to carry on paying the mortgage but he says he can came and go in the house, can say who comes into it and also sleep in the marital bed if he wishes to do so. What are her rights?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How much does he earn gross - and how much is the mortgage payment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the house is worth about 135,000 outstanding 38k his gross wage is approx. 1,400 per month and the mortgage payment is 340 pounds per month

The amount he is paying is about right for now.
However since he remains a joint owner of the property he can indeed return at any time and your daughter cannot exclude him unless he is physically violent.
However he cannot dictate who does or does not come to the property
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you