How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35073
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi there I married my wife 30 years ago in another country

This answer was rated:

Hi there

I married my wife 30 years ago in another country .We separated last year and sold
Old hose and each bought our separate flat.
We are now both back to our country but not yet divorced.

1/ Since we are not living perminantly in this country anymore can she still claim more
From me?
2 / If we get divorced in our native country where we got married , can she still claim

Thanks for your advice.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Will she be returning to the UK at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, she is staying 6 month in Iran and 6 month in Uk. I just started to move my
base to Iran and I will visit London every 2 month
for a week or so.

Best regards
Are there any assets left in the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes there is in my name.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes there is.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please reply
My apologies for the delay
Then yes I am afraid that she will still be able to issue proceedings here in the Uk and if the Uk assets are not dealt with in the foreign proceedings she can also make a financial claim here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you