How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hi I have lived in my house with my wife since we bought the

Customer Question

Hi I have lived in my house with my wife since we bought the house 5 years ago. The house is on her name only, the payments going out through her account part of the money I invested was by cash on hand. She want now the divorce and she left the house what could be my right on this situation?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How much did you each contribute
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clere ,


Thanks for your message. I have a meeting soon with her to talk about it I will back to you if is strictly necessary. Once again thanks





Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
That is fine