How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My divorce was made absolute in 2010 I was to get 50% of my

Customer Question

My divorce was made absolute in 2010 I was to get 50% of my ex-husbands pension. Mercer insisted that the original court order was not good enough. So at great expense, solicitors and court fees (over £2,000.00 ), there was a new court order drawn up, Mercer firm agreed to its wording. This was sent to them by my solicitor, by recorded delivery on 03/04/2014, he asked for confirmation of receipt, but Mercer, has not bothered to respond. He also wrote to Mercer shortly thereafter, again asking for action, still nothing. Are they in contempt of court? Can I claim my expenses from them? I am writing a letter of complaint to them and will if necessary go to the Ombudsman.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is Mercer the firm dealing with the pension?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes they are

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
They do have to abide by the terms of the Order and they can be called to court (or their representative can be) to explain why they have not abided by the terms of the Order
You can apply for the costs of THAT application - just not for the work already done
You may have more luck with the Ombudsman
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details