How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35045
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I still pay my x wife £700 a month for two daughters, 1st daughter

This answer was rated:

I still pay my x wife £700 a month for two daughters, 1st daughter will be 21 in November and works for her mother, 2nd daughter will be 18 in November and works full time, I have never missed a payment for my children sins the mother left
With her boyfriend, do I still need to keep up with the payment ?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you pay via Court Order, the CSA or voluntarily?
When was the Decree Absolute?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I pay voluntary, and I'm still married but separated for six years now and she runs her own company, I bought her out of my house and she has hers with her boy friend .

You certainly do not have to pay her anything at all by way of child maintenance since both the children are no longer in education.
You can simply stop payment
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you