How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35058
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi I have two children with the same man one of nearly 5 and

This answer was rated:

Hi I have two children with the same man one of nearly 5 and one 18 months old and his always been violent in and our of jail and on drugs and even tried to ccommit suicide several times I recently moved miles away to get away from him and to get my children away from all of that and to better their lifes and now his threatening to take me to court to get some sort of custody of my children can he get any even though he lost prenatal rights of my eldest . Please help
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What do you mean he lost his rights?
What contact are you willing to offer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

social services were involved with us and said that he had lost his parental rights to his eldest son due to beating me up in front of him and trying to take an overdose infront of him to . i have paper work regarding this and they also said that if he wanted them back he would have to go to court for them. at the moment im not willing to let him have any contact as i belive his still on drugs but if he would to be drug tested before seeing the children then i would consider a contact center as he dont hardley know his youngest son . i have up to recently taken my boys back to london to see him and his family but he either dont turn up or turns up for 10 mins then leaves and majority of the time his either drunk or off his head on drugs.

You certainly do not have to take them back to London in those circumstances - and you have little to fear from any Court Application that he makes
By all means say that you are willing to agree to contact in a Contact Centre local to you if he is willing to make the commitment - but there is no other contact that he will obtain given his record of abuse and drugs
You can read more on this site\
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you