How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My ex wife moved to Texas in the USA with our two sons in 2007

Customer Question

My ex wife moved to Texas in the USA with our two sons in 2007 which I consented to on the basis that I visit the USA to see my children once a year and once a year she also bring them to the UK so that the children could maintain a bond with their father. However once she was out of the UK she broke the agreement and continues to. She has never brought the children back to the UK and I have to go out once a year (which is always a great battle and I am given dates to visit at the very last minute by which time the costs are astronomical). I still pay maintenance although not as much as I lost my job but I do still pay what I can from my army reserves job. She and her husband broke a UK legal agreement. I would like to know where I stand here. Can I do anything? They do not have permanent residency, they are on green cards. The legal agreement which we all signed, stated that I still pay maintenance and on that basis, they were to bring the children back to the UK once a year which they have never bothered to do. They were also supposed to keep me posted on the children's welfare, schooling and health which they also deny me. I woulld really appreciate any help you can give me as I am not in a position any longer to, like before, pay out large sums to solicitors. Thank you in advance. Andrew Hylden
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law