How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35047
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

separated 2006, divorced 2008, payed cash in hand to ex for

This answer was rated:

separated 2006, divorced 2008, payed cash in hand to ex for those two years. then continued to pay into each of the children's
bank accounts from 2008 until present still giving for three of them. oldest child at present being 27, the youngest being 20
ex is now threatening to go to solicitors to claim she has had no money whatsoever at any time and wants child maintenance from the time marriage broke down until each of the five children turned 18.
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
There is no basis on which Child Maintenance can be claimed retrospectively so there is no chance of this being successful
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you