How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35057
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my daughter is under social services at the moment she is 16

This answer was rated:

my daughter is under social services at the moment she is 16 her child is 7 weeks old the father is not permitted to be near her or the child which is happening as he is in prison she was allowed back home with myself on the condition that i am here which is the case i have reported to the social worker that she took the child to stay with a friend overnight once and when asked by the social worker whether she had previous involvement with any drug selling or use I informed them that i had no knowledge of her selling drugs but prior to her conceiving her child she did use whilst with the father but there has been no evidence of her taking anything now is this sufficient grounds for the social services to take her child away
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
For clarity do you mean that your daughter is not sticking to the restrictions that have been laid down?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
she has stayed out with the baby once and the restrictions were that she and the baby were allowed to be here as long as i was supporting her we have now had a letter for an initial family protection conference do we need a solicitor the social worker says no
What do you wish to happen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have informed a solicitor and it is now in progress with her i expect after this conference we will have a clearer picture of the placements they are going to put into place for my daughter and her baby i hope this includes her to stay in the family home i think the solicitor i have will be able to give us more information thankyou for your time
You must remember that the solicitor is acting for your daughter - the mother of the baby.
If it becomes clear that Social Services do not believe that your daughter is going to be able to care for the child then you will need to consider whether or not YOU are willing to take over the care of the baby - at which point you will need your own solicitor as you and your daughter will no longer have the same objectives
If that happens you do need to be aware that you will need to decide whose needs you will place first - those of the baby or those of your daughter - and if you chose the baby then you will need to show social services that you are capable of limiting the contact between your daughter and the child.
I hope that it never comes to that
You can read more here
and here
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you