How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35052
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex is messing up the arrangement for time he has our little

This answer was rated:

My ex is messing up the arrangement for time he has our little girl can I get something in writing from a socitor to make him stick to the arrangement for contact as it's not fair on my daughter he don't work I do and drops her for no reasons at weekends when he should have her over night
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is your daughter and what contact is her father meant to have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My daughter is 3 and my ex is meant to have her Monday and Fridays while I am at work just in day then one night at weekends normally Friday night one weekend and sat night weekend after! He's just refusing to have her on his weekends over night he only pays 27 quid a month cos he's on dole! And I work full time that night he suppost to have her is my break and she enjoys going
Just to check that I understand - you wish him to overnight contact but he is refusing to do so - is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes sometimes he will have her over night other times he won't and he lets her Down at last minute! Just want something I writing where when it's his days he's got to have her
Does he ever ask to have the child at other times?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No he doesn't I've offered extra days before and he's turned them down
You can certainly offer to discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation.
and agree a Parenting Plan which sets out when he has the child.
If that fails then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting the pattern out
HOWEVER the major problem is this - your ex cannot be forced to have the child when he does not wish to do so - so if he says he does not want her then the court will not order it
I am sorry not to give you better news - please ask if you need more details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you