How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I moved back to uk with my two year old with the fathers permission.

Customer Question

I moved back to uk with my two year old with the fathers permission. He agreed just to visit on holidays. He is now saying he will make us return can he do this ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.

My name is Mac. I can help you with your question. First I need a bit more information:

1. Where were you living before you moved?
2. Did the father agree to you coming to live permanently in England (or for a lesser period of time)?
3. Did he agree in writing/email?
4. How long has it been since you moved back to the UK?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We were living in Australia. He agreed to us moving back to uk via email and text messages. So far we have been back for 3 mths.
Thank you Rachael