How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My ex-daughter in law has a new partner of about 18months who

Customer Question

My ex-daughter in law has a new partner of about 18months who has refused a police check.My son and his ex-wife have agreed joint parental responsibility and the girls live Sat Sun Mon & Tuesdays with us in one house. they spend Wed Thursday with her in a flat with the partner and on Thursday night, friday and Saturday she leaves them with her mother (Grandparents) at another address.
Only after making arrangements for the holiday and her partners work schedule change and at the very last minute did she inform their father that she, her sister and mother were going to Spain for 7 days and was leaving the two girls 5 & 6 with him as sole carer. there was no discussion with their father as to whether he approved or was able to cover her holiday. She had not given him either my son's or our (grandparents) phone number in case of an emergency. When challenged about this she said, "It's normal everybody does it". We (my son, my husband and myself) are very disturbed by her leaving the country and leaving the children with someone who is not related. She has just found out that my son will not be taking the children back to be looked after by this person and has told him that on the days the girls are supposed to be with her she can leave them with anyone she wants as it is her time with them. we all try not to upset her because she would definitely keep the children away from their father. She goes on trips abroad at least 3 times a year and thinks it's normal to leave the children behind with her mother and we have had to intervene before because she intended to leave the girls (then 2 & 3 ) with a 70 year old who is wheelchair bound and chain-smokes. What is his and the children's rights in law and what are the chances if any of my son getting full parental rights. we would never stop their mother or grandparents access to them.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How was this arrangement agreed - and why do they spend two nights with their grandparents?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The agreement was made between the mother, Clare and the father Will, mutual agreement out of court but it was a difficult negotiation. It's the mothers choice to leave the children with the grandparents.

I'm sorry i have not responded before but I was not aware that the question had gone through or that the money has been taken until now. I backed out because i could not find anything that told me how much would be taken and whether it was a monthly agreement which I did not want.

I am now waiting for the answer to my question that I have paid for.