How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34911
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I want to move with my children to Southern Ireland from Wales,

Customer Question

I want to move with my children to Southern Ireland from Wales, my ex husband has always said that is fine with him but i am worried he is going to change his mind last minute or even worse wait till we have moved and then say i have taken them unlawfully. If i were to draught a letter saying he gives his permission and get him to sign it would this be legally binding? I can't afford legal advice as i am disabled, on benefits, unable to work and not getting any money from him for his girls most weeks
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My 2 daughters who live with me are 17 and 8 years old. My son who is 12 decided he wants to live with his father which is fine with us both.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Then all you need is a simple letter from your ex confirming his agreement to the move
There is no need for anything more as it is clear that you have negotiated the matter - otherwise your son would not be staying with him!
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details