How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34896
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi my ex is refusing to pay a court order for spousal maintence

This answer was rated:

Hi my ex is refusing to pay a court order for spousal maintence again. I get csa straight from his wages as have issues with this. What do I do now to get the court order straight from his wages?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is he meant to pay and what is his financial position?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The court order is for spousal support at £75 a month, This is what he isn't paying I have a text message from he saying he wont be paying it again until I meant other child related demands. He also has to pay a court order of £10 for arrears which he is paying as its in the court order that I agreed to write off £4000 of arrears for a lump sum of £1500 and £500 over a few years at £10 a month. He also pays csa which is taken out of his wages before he gets them at £475 a month.

When we went to court in October 2013 he was earning more than £50 thousand a year plus bonuses. He is still in this employment with easyjet.

Have you considered applying for an Attachment of Earnings order so that it is deducted from his wages?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I do that ?

That is only one of the options!
However in your case it would seem to be the most effective!
All the options are set out here
(Do NOT ever register the order in the Magistrates Court)
If you think an Attachment of Earnings Order IS the one for you the form you need is here
If you would rather that the court decided the form is here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you