How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am separated we have a joint mortgage, my husband is willing

Customer Question

I am separated we have a joint mortgage, my husband is willing to sign house over to me but mortgage company will not let me take on the mortgage earn enough (bankrupt 24 years ago). can the deeds be put in to my name only but the mortgage remain joint and would this then mean the house was mine only no longer joint owned.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How far have any divorce proceedings reached?
Are there any children involved and is your ex happy to remain on the mortgage?