How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

my ex mother in law and her ex husband (they still act as married)have

Customer Question

my ex mother in law and her ex husband (they still act as married)have always done my childcare for my 2 children since they were born.the nan partner and my daughter nearly 2 yrs ago went to a wedding were the partner had too much to drink and once they got home turned abusive and violent .police were rang partner arrested and statements given.the nan had him back couple days later but I strongly stated that partner was to have no contact at all.nan has still been doing childcare and too my knowledge the partner had stayed away.nan asked if she and her oldest granddaughter could take him away and no mention of partner going so I said yes.this was not the case she knew all along that he was and said she did it for the benefit of my son as he had been asking for him knowing for well it was not allowed.were do I stand .he is not there grandson by blood but has been treated as one.isee it as deceit that they took him abroad with someone I said was too have no contact .please could you tell me my rights as a mother .thankyou
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children?