How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35062
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter wants to come and live with as she does not get

This answer was rated:

My daughter wants to come and live with as she does not get on with her mum. She is 16 in sept this year but will be staying on at school. At the moment i am paying csa rates to her mum although csa is not involved. My ex wife remarried and is quite well off, her husband works in angola and earns mega money.
She also works herself and has another child to him. Can i claim maintenance from her or both for my daughters upkeep.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes if your daughter is living with you and still in eduction then her mother will have to ay you child maintenance at 12% of 89& of HER gross income
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi clare thanks for your answer but it wasnt quite what i asked you that was why l didnt fate you, sorry. I asked could i claim off my ex AND her husband as he gets mega money. My ex gets peanuts.

My apologies I should have been more specific.
No it is only the parent that has to pay maintenance - I am afraid the husbands earnings ar enot relevant
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you