How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35059
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have three sons the first is to a previous relationship and

This answer was rated:

I have three sons the first is to a previous relationship and I have always had full access and a great relationship with him.I have been fighting for access to my children now aged 17 and 14 without success. I have a court order stating I can only contact my children via approximately worded letters. I would love to know how the boys are doing at school and want to approach the schools to get copy reports. what are my rights.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What does the Order say about contact with the school?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare


The order states that I am have contact with the children via apropiatly worded letters and cards There is no mention of any inclusion or exclusion from school reports.


I hope this helps.


Thank You


Since you were married to their mother you have Parental responsibility for the Children and the Legal write to copies of their School reports.
You should contact the schools and provide them with a number of Stamped self addressed envelopes and ask them to forward copies to you.
However once your eldest turns 18 it is up to him whether or not you receive them
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you