How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35074
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am a father who hasnt been allowed to have any form of contact

This answer was rated:

I am a father who hasn't been allowed to have any form of contact with my 3 year old daughter for the past 2.5 years, I have done everything in my power to try and locate her. My ex moved and changed her number and none of her family will help me find her. She was seriously depressed when she moved and she feared I would take our daughter. this wasn't the case. Months went by and I started to loose my mind, I lost my job and all my income was spent hiring people to try and locate my daughter to no avail. I am now strong enough and in a stable job where I can start proceeding with court to locate, and begin contact with my daughter after all this time , I need to know how I can locate my daughter, I have parental responsibility and i'm on the birth certificate. What is my next step. Kind regards. Daniel Weller.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Your starting point is to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order allowing you to have contact with the child.
This is done using the form here
and paying the fee of £215
You will also need to file a Form C2\
asking the court for an Order that the DWP release your ex's address TO THE COURT to allow for service.
That process will take a little time - you will know it is happened when you get a notice that the case has been transferred to a Court near to where your ex lives - although you will still not be given her address
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you