How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a Non Molestation order, but my ex husband is now taking

Customer Question

I have a Non Molestation order, but my ex husband is now taking me back to court saying its all lies and to get this overturned. He was arrested by the police and admitted to hitting me but now says that he did not admit this and he didn't understand. Also I am only doing this to get legal aid for a divorce. I have the police statement confirming he admitted this but will the judge now believe him and overturn the order. Even my children think if this is overturned and he will be so angry for me getting this in the first place that he will either very seriously hurt me or even kill me. He seams to of convinced himself that this never happened. The abuse was over a period of 17 years and I am very frightened now. This goes back to court tomorrow.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
Please do not worry
The only basis on which the Order MIGHT be changed is if your ex gives an Undertaking (a solemn promise to the court) not to come anywhere near you
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detals