How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Separated dad wishing for two nights per week overnight access

This answer was rated:

Separated dad wishing for two nights per week overnight access , once marital home sold
What are my rights if mediation fails to find a solution?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and what is the current pattern of contact?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my son is 12 years old, my daughter is 6, 7 in August .
We are classed as separated, but have been living together since the initial breakup in November last year.
There is no history of violence or alcohol or drug use
Do you have reason to think your ex will not agree to your having the children overnight?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We have only agreed to alternate weekends, my ex won't agree to midweek nights
If Mediation fails then your only option will be to apply to the Court for a Child arrangement Order
Obviously it will depend on any number of issues - but you may find it easier to argue for one nigh mid week to start with - and increase it from there
You can read more about court applications here
and the form you need is here
and the fee is £215
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you