How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife walked out on me two years ago and will not talk about

Customer Question

My wife walked out on me two years ago and will not talk about divorce how much will it cost to get a divorce and will she have to cotribute towards cost Regards ***** *****
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you know where she is and are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there are no kids involved and i dont know where she is

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
What efforts have you made to trace her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think i could trace her to serve papers all i want to know is cost and if she will have to contribute towards it

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
You can issue a Petition based on her Unreasonable Behaviour - details here
The cost is £410 for the Petition fee.
You can ask that your ex pay costs - but there is a real risk that she will say that she will only allow the divorce to go forward undefended if you withdraw the claim for costs
If she simply ignores the Petition you will need to arrange to have it personally served on her by a Process Server - and then the divorce can go ahead and it is likely that a costs order will be made - but if she does not pay then you will have to enforce the order
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details