How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My ex husband wants to stop paying Child Maintenance and he

Customer Question

My ex husband wants to stop paying Child Maintenance and he is giving me three months notice - can he do this without an application the court?
We have 2 children who are 12/13. I rely on that income to support our children. His reasons are not financial but he thinks if he see's then 50% of the time and will pay for all their extras then morally I shouldn't take money off him.
Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How do the children share their time between you?