How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

i have a 6 year old son. to whom i pay £200 a month to his

Customer Question

i have a 6 year old son. to whom i pay £200 a month to his mother maintenance. we have a agrement which was drawn up by a solicitor for the payment of maintenence and deed of seperation.. my sons mother now says that the £200 maintenece payment is not enough and is thretening to go though the CSA. will i have to pay the CSA payment or will the original agrement stand... I have never missed a payment and see my son regulaly 2-3 nights a week..kind regards..
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Were you ever married to your ex and how much do you earn Gross per month?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no we were not married.. we have been seperated for 5 years...

i pay £200 pounds per month.. as agreed in our deed of seperation..

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
How much do you earn gross per month?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

£2700 pm gross

will i have to pay csa if reported or will the solicitor's agrement stand.

thanks justin.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
I am afraid that the signed agreement can indeed be overturned by the CMS (new name for the CSA)
The calculation is set out here
Even if the agreement had been a Court Order it could have been replaced once the Order had been in existence for more than twelve months.
I am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details