How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKfamsol Your Own Question
UKfamsol, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 560
Experience:  Very experienced specialist family law solicitor, qualifed in 1994
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
UKfamsol is online now

If I take a case to court, am I entitled to help with legal

This answer was rated:

If I take a case to court, am I entitled to help with legal cost or can I claim they from the other side? My husband works full time in the British army, I myself do not work, I am a full time student.


Unfortunately, legal aid was cut back drastically in 2013, so you will not get legal aid to cover your legal costs unless you have been the victim of domestic violence, or the local authority is about to or has removed your child.

It is also extremely rare for the court in a family law case to make a costs order against either party.

I know this was not what you wanted to hear, but obviously I could not give you any false hope.

However, most solicitors will give an initial free interview, and that will give you a chanbnce not just to discuss your legal case, but also to find out what they would charge if they took on your case. Here's where to find a specialist family law solicitor:

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks and best wishes...

Hello again

I see that you have looked at my answer but not accepted it. Is there anything in my answer you would like clarified further, or is there anything in your question that you feel I have not answered? Let me know - I will do my best!

UKfamsol and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you