How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi. I have two properties In my name and would like to put

Customer Question

Hi. I have two properties In my name and would like to put them in a trust for my children as security for their future. How would I go about doing this? I do not want my partner to have access to this trust. Thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Are you married to your partner?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, for 15 years
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Thank you.

I would suggest that you enter into a post nuptial agreement with your partner so that you both agree who is entitled to what and that your partner will not have any claim over these 2 properties in your name.

See here for an idea of what a post nuptial agreement involves

Once this is done, you may then sign a declaration of trust saying that you hold these 2 properties on trust for your children, see here for what this involves

May I help further?