How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask familylawexpert Your Own Question
familylawexpert, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 311
Experience:  Substantial experience (14yrs +) in divorce, financial cases, cohabitation, pre-nuptial agreements and civil partnerships.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
familylawexpert is online now

I am married and I want to stay married but I also want to

This answer was rated:

I am married and I want to stay married but I also want to have an agreement about our earnings so that if we did ever divorce the agreement would be followed in terms of how our assets would be divided. Is this possible?

My name is ***** ***** I can help with your question.

Yes, it is possible. It is called a post-nuptial agreement (like a pre-nuptial agreement, but done after the marriage has started).

It is possible to find places on the internet who will do these pretty cheaply, but they may not turn out an agreement that will be effective (and you would only really find out when you came to need to rely on it).

I would recommend using a solicitor. You can find a specialist using the following website, which is for the national association of family lawyers.

I hope that is helpful.
familylawexpert and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you