How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, I have been married to my husband for almost 18 years and

Customer Question

Hi, I have been married to my husband for almost 18 years and we have two children, 10 and 12 years old. We bought a house from his mother months after we got married. The mortgage and deeds have always been in his name. We are still together as a family, but he still refers to the house as been his property .. It upsets me as is our family home and I have contributed in other ways. Do I have any wrights on the property ?
thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Please do not worry - you have the right to live in the Matrimonial home so long as you are married - and you also have a financial interest it which would be granted by the Court within the financial side of any divorce.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details