How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My husbnad committed adultery at the beginning of this month.

Customer Question

My husbnad committed adultery at the beginning of this month. At the moment we are still trying to work things through. Im only considering my options at the moment but how long do I get before I can no longer use the adultery section of a divorce petition and do I need the 3rd persons address as I only know her name
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You cannot use adultery as a ground for divorce if you live with your husband for 6 months after you came to know of it.

You do not need to give the name or address of the person your husband had an affair with, and my advice would be not to name that person in your petition.

Hope this helps