How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34911
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have recently split with my wife and she is now denying me

This answer was rated:

I have recently split with my wife and she is now denying me contact with my 20 month old son stating that she is not emotionally ready to see me on a weekly basis right now and needs time to readjust. I have suggested getting the boy's grandmother to pick him up so that she does not have to see me but was met with a swift no. I believe that she is simply trying to use my contact with my son to hurt me, which is working. What can i do in this instance? i feel powerless.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Contact is about the needs of the child not the feelings of the parents.
Your son is entitled to have contact with you and as you say there are ways to ensure that you do not meet.
You should make an urgent application with a Family Mediator ( to discuss this - but if your ex refuses then you can apply to the courts for a new Child Arrangement Order setting out when you see the child.
You can read more here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you