How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My father is 89 he has had 2 falls in his council home this

Customer Question

My father is 89 he has had 2 falls in his council home this week, he is still is in hospital after his latest one. He has agreed to go in a care home,the hospital has raised concerns about him going back home,and i ( next of kin) and my wife are also. The problem-social services .What do we do.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
have you found a suitable home?
Have Social Services completed an assessment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in leicester social services here have given info on care homes near us. There are vacancies but have said it is down to stamford social sev. In stamford they reviewed my father last week before his latest fall and are trying to implement certain things. But my father has vascular dimenture & they do not want him in a care home. Funding has been rasied. The hospital has been more understanding, & the sister has indicated support but is up against stamford S / Servces

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Why do you think it is their choice?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It all seems to come back to stamford social services 'even his G. P. has spoken of them. I think it is all to do with money.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI clare what is the best way forward

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
You have medical advice that your father needs a care home.
Find one and arrange for him to go in and then make the application for funding
If you have the medical support then you can appeal any refusal as Social Services cannot rebut the medical evidence
Please ask if you need further details