How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my x husband left for thialand in nov 2010, he said for work

This answer was rated:

my x husband left for thialand in nov 2010, he said for work cause his work had dried up here , i asked for divorce may 2011,ididnt believe he went there for that reason , i believe he was in some sort of trouble here with his buisness ., any way to cut a long story short , the judge granted me the divorce in march this year without his signiture & he also transfered the house to me in full without his signiture in march, because he was being difficult. in 2012 my x sent me two emails when we were still on comunicating terms saying he would organizie a container to have his belongings shipped over, which he never did.we stopped comunicating on my solicoters advice because some of his emails were a little threatning.his belongings are still here in my garage, my house has now been sold , which he is not happy about, & said to my solicoter that i had offered to have his things shipped over , but thats not true , to keep the peace i told my solicoter to tell him if he supplied me with his racent address i would ship them over . his reply i hacve known his adress for two years , & to ship it to thialand port & he would collect. not true . he has moved so many times in two years we dont have an address. & i was not goin to ship to a port without an address . my case is closed with my solicoter as all paid up & now divorced . so i want yto know can i email him , tell him he has 28 days to have his belongings collected or i can dispose of as i wish , all so my eldest daughter who is 24 & lives with her boyfriend has sided with him , i have her belongings here too , can i give her 28 days to collect or i will dispose of.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
You can certainly give your daughter 28 days notice to collect her belongings.
At the end of that time you have to sell them and give the proceeds, less disposal costs to your daughter.
You can do the same with your ex's belongings - but you should make it three months notice since he is not in the UK
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you