How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I was granted sole custody of my child in 2005 and my ex-husband

Customer Question

I was granted sole custody of my child in 2005 and my ex-husband was awarded limited access to her, Saturdays only 10.00am to 6-00pm. He came into my house several months ago unannounced and without my consent,, took her away without my consent, refused to let me see her at any time during the week, ,and then claimed child benefit and child working tax credit for her on the grounds she was with him 5 days a week. Unbelieveably, HMRC approved his claim. I am appealing and my query to you is, did he require permission of the Family Courts,or others, to take her away in the first place and secondlyu to prevent her from seeing me at any time during the week?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is your daughter and what contact do you have with her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,


my daughter is 15. I see her as and when her father decides I can see her.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Did your daughter wish to move to live with her father?