How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35044
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

When my daughter was 8 my husband, who is not her natural father,

Customer Question

When my daughter was 8 my husband, who is not her natural father, legally adopted her. They have had a difficult relationship over the last 6 years and now she is 18 she wants his name taken off her birth certificate. Is this possible and if so how does she go about it.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that there is no basis on which the adoption cam be reversed so his name will remain on her Adoption Certificate
However she can of course revert to her original birth name if she so wishes by signing a Change of Name deed
Please ask if you need further details