How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35053
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

How do I go about getting access to my son? I have been accused

This answer was rated:

How do I go about getting access to my son? I have been accused of assault by my wife and have been charged! and I have been bailed with conditions not to come into contact with her. I believe she is mentally ill!! what are my options to see my 2 year old son?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does she have a solicitor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No she does not have a solicitor.

What is the exact wording of the Bail condition?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

exact words are - " you must not contact directly or indirectly Suzanne stephens"


1 this to stop you interfering with witnesses or the course of justice in your own or anybody else case.

You need to get your Criminal Lawyer to vary the bail Conditions to include "save via a solicitor expressly for the purpose of arranging child contact and other issues pertaining to the separation"
You will then have to appoint a solicitor to act for you but at least then you can start the process to achieve contact with your child
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you for your help.

You are welcome I hope all goes well