How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35038
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Im 40 years old and I want to have a child with an ex boyfriend.

This answer was rated:

I'm 40 years old and I want to have a child with an ex boyfriend. I told him he can be as involved as he wishes but I would like to be sure I have full custody over the child. Which kind of agreement could I ask him to sign?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you .
I am sorry but there is nothing that he can sign that would ensure that he does not have the right to apply to the court for a Parental Responsibility Order in the future
Obviously as a starting point you will not register him as the father of the child which would mean that to get Parental Responsibility he would either need your agreement or an Order from the Court.
It would also be wise to agree and sign a Parenting Plan after the birth to clearly state that he does not intend to be actively involved in the Child's life
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you