How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My partners ex is being unreasonable about the amount of time

Customer Question

My partner's ex is being unreasonable about the amount of time she lets him see his son. He has just had yet another altercation with her on the phone, if she denies him access to his son tomorrow (it's his day to have him), what rights does he have? They mutually agreed access times 2 years ago, after which she changed all the timings so that her son spends the majority of time with her. He is 5. Many thanks.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

If she is being difficult for no reason he has the right to go to court and seek a contact order. I presume he doesn't have a contact order at the moment or any other form of order. It is not in the child's best interests that she should deny contact for no good reason and especially if she is doing this just to get a him. Any court will not be impressed if that is what is happening.

If he has not already done so he should see a solicitor.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.