How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35058
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I was married in Jersey (ci). We then moved To portugal.

This answer was rated:

I was married in Jersey (ci). We then moved
To portugal. My wife has now gone back to england
With the children I live in portugal. She carries a british passport
I carry a British (jersey) and portuguese passport. Where do i file
For divorce ?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long has your ex been back in the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare. She has been back in the uk Since September 2013 ?
Then the Divorce Petition can be issued in either the Uk where she lives or in Portugal where you do
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you