How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have an 18month old daughter and have recently seperated

This answer was rated:

I have an 18month old daughter and have recently seperated from her mother and she is going to see a solicitor regards ***** ***** she has told me i cannot se my daughter till this is sorted, we have already agreed a maintenance figure, can you please tell me if this is correct.
thanks Bill
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What contact have you asked for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

every other weekend and 1 night during week we have agreed on £30 per week.


How much do you earn?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have just started a new job after a long period of being out of work and will be earning £300.00 per week i pay £100.00 per week for board and lodgings.

Is that what you will earn Gross?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that is after tax.

It is generally expected that Parents will negotiate the matter of contact between them - and there is certainly no requirement for a solicitor to approve any agreement that has been made.
In fact Legal Aid is no longer available in such cases - although it is still available for Family mediation ( if you need help in negotiating a Parenting Plan.
If your ex will not stick to the arrangements that you have agreed then you may need to try mediation but if that fails you will have to make an application to the court
You can read more about such matters here
The child maintenance you are paying is slightly lower than the CSA rate - something you need to be aware of
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you