How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35047
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi My Childrens father has left us since 30/11/2010. We

Customer Question


My Children's father has left us since 30/11/2010. We got 2 children who are aged 17 years and 19 years now. He never agreed to pay for children's maintenance from very beginning of our separation. I contacted CSA in November 2011 and got the payments started from December 2011.

As far as I am aware, CSA does not backdate the payments for child maintenance and I have been told same from CSA many times.

Is there any other way I could claim for payments for those 12 months in start of our separation?

Many of my solicitors are unable to answer my queries and saying they cannot deal with this issue?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
I am sorry but the simple answer is no there is not basis on which you can make any claim for those 12 months.
I appreciate that this is bad news - but there is no legal basis on which you can base this
Please ask if you need further details