How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35219
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi I was awarded a spousal maintenance payment due to my disability

Customer Question

Hi I was awarded a spousal maintenance payment due to my disability from my ex husband in my settlement of divorce. My ex husband refuses to pay, the CSA have had to take out an attachment of earnings for the children. Is it possible to do the same for my spousal maintenance. And due to lack of funds could I do this myself.

Thank you
I await your response in anticipation.

Debra Johnston.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
Yes you can indeed do this - or take other enforcement action (which can include him going to prison)
You can read more here
NEVER register the order in the magistrates court.
If you want the court to decide how to enforce it then the form is here
Please ask if you need further details